System requirements for the target platform
iOS: MAC OS X ab 10.6
Android and HP WebOS: all 3 (=Windows, Mac, Linux)
Symbian: all 3, But the simulator runs only on Windows
Blackberry: Windows, Mac, But the simulator runs only on Windows
Windows 7 Phone: Mac OS X ab 10.5
Does one need an iPhone application with PhoneGap a MAC?
And, to generate the application and place them in the App Store, is the iOS SDK or. Android SDK requires. A slow alternative is a virtual MAC OS X with VMWare. Android can be used both in Windows, MAC and Linux test program and.
- iWebKit, provides for the iPhone look of surfaces and controls
- jQuery Mobile, dynamic, simple own layouting, more effects and animations, e.g.. iPhone PageFlip, However, performance issues on some Android phones in animation
- jQTouch, jQuery Mobile ein Plugin, which less support systems u.a. kein Windows Mobile/Phone, Symbian, Blackberry
- A comparison of all the frameworks found here
Canvas in Webapps
- can the representations of time-varying data (z.B. a chart) or pictures (z.e.g.Webcam) be used, that update via Ajax without reloading the page
- For example, diagram can be. with the jQuery plugin Flott draw and would have to be extended by an Ajax redraw function , to be displayed in time dynamically
How dynamic content can be integrated into the app from a web service?
Features and capabilities of HTML5
- Geo Location API very well covered on HTML5
- Web Storage, permanent storage of data on the client side to 5MByte
- Web SQL Database client-side storage with relational database in SQL
- Offline Web Applications: On the first call to download all files from the Web, which are defined in the manifest file. The manifesto is on the server and is always checked for changes, which are compared with existing internet connection.
Features and capabilities of PhoneGap
- alle HTML5 Features
- Sale of apps on the store, it must be noted, dass Apple Apps ablehnt, not used the device functions, could be operated so as website. So it should be used, at least the camera or the like.
- Features such as GPS, Accelerometer, Dial numbers, vibrate, Gallery, Camera, Contacts, Network status and compass
Differences PhoneGap and Titanium
- Phonegap: Application runs in an invisible browser window, the HTML framework is not converted
- Titanium converts the HTML framework into native code, then e.g.: generates a table view and correct any HTML table used
- Titanium only works for Android and iOS, kein Windows Phone, Symbian, Palm or Blackberry
Is it possible with PhoneGap for native functions to use?
Try to Android as Demo Apps:
continue to Phonegap Teil3: Basics and the first program
According to the book: